Today we are not going to stop at reflection, today we want to invite you to take action. Why?…because we have all heard a lot about the topic we bring you today. By now we are all very aware of the consequences of plastics on the planet.
So as we already know all the problems generated by the indiscriminate and excessive use of plastics, we are going to propose small actions that each one of us can carry out and also how we can contribute to larger actions that can be carried out with our help.
WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT PLASTIC POLLUTION?
To sum it up in one sentence: NOT TO CONTRIBUTE TO ITS CONTINUING INCREASE, BY REDUCING MY CONSUMPTION OF THIS MATERIAL.
Some concrete ideas:
- Take reusable bags with you when you go shopping.
- Use solid cosmetics, there are great products that existed a few decades ago that we can now take up again.
- Switch to bulk cleaning products, look for a local drugstore that offers refillable containers (you will be surprised because there are more and more).
- When buying fresh food, forgo what is packaged and buy by weight or ask for it to be packaged with as little plastic as possible.
- Whenever possible, choose glass instead of cartons. It turns out that tetrabriks are recyclable, but for that you have to separate the different layers that make them up. Currently, only 21.5% of tetrabriks are recycled in our country.
IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO?
I’m sure you can think of some other ideas that you can put into practice in your daily life to minimize the use of plastic in your family and work environment.
But you can also contribute to more ambitious projects, on a larger scale, that can be carried out. We are thinking about different initiatives using discarded plastics to make new products . These projects collect plastic that is sometimes floating in the sea, stranded on a beach or forming a huge landfill somewhere, and recycle it to create something new: slippers, swings, furniture, bags, … there is a lot on offer. So we suggest that when you buy a product, look to see if there is a proposal already on the market that is making it with recycled plastic. I invite you to “dive” a little bit on the internet looking for products made with recycled plastic (and if they are also of proximity better than better, because we reduce the carbon footprint of their transport).